Re: slink -> potato X11?

> On Oct 11, Ron Farrer scrawled :

> I have /etc/apt/sources.list pointing using ftp1.us.debian.org for
> unstable/main. Now when I do "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade" or -f
> dist-upgrade, why wont it upgrade to the latest X11 binaries? I have

i presume you have something akin to in /etc/apt/sources.list :

deb file:/software/linux/debian stable main contrib non-free

what you need to do is change the stable to unstable. like thus:

deb file:/software/linux/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb file:/software/linux/debian-non-US/ unstable non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free

the non-US line only if you need it of course.

regards,
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au