Re: upgrading to potato

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

> *sigh*
> It'll have to wait till the weekend then.  Rescue disks, fdisk, mkfs are some
> things that will spring to mind.

Sorry about that.  The new bash package was installed into master today,
so it should be available now, fyi.  Currently, we're not working on new
boot disks until things settle on the i386 side a bit.  Also, since John's
autobuilder is offline right now, most of us have been tied up compiling
packages like crazy leaving little time to address upgrade issues (alot of
the new packages being compiled are changes that would facilitate
upgrades, fyi).

> I'll let people know how it goed for reference too.  (btw, how many people
> have done *clean* upgrades from a 100% slink dist to potato ?)

I haven't done it since we released slink (seems like ages ago now).  In
fact, I think I was the first to convert since I traditionally am the one
who compiles our libc and gcc packages and always test them locally first
:-)