Re: Yamaha CD-R 4416S and Copying CDs.

Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu> writes:

> 0.96e-3) for all interaction with the CD-R drive. The problem is when I go
> to read the CD I want to copy to hard disk, 99% of the CD is copied and
> then a kernel panic occurs. It is difficult to tell exactly what happened
> as nothing is saved to any log and the messages fly past the screen
> (console) relatively quickly.

I had the same problem on m68k about a year ago and was never able to
track it down. As soon as one copied an image greater 500+ MB of size
the kernel would go crazy and would end with:
AIEEE: scheduling in interupt

If you have a second comp and a nullmodem, try to use a serial console
and a minicom on the other side. Then you can log the minicom buffer
and look at the kernel messages afterwards.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin

PS: Does the memory test of the various bios's clear the memory during
boot? If not, one could have a static buffer with the messages from
the last crash.