First day and I hose the Multia....

I got a Multia from Linuxstore.com today. I was trying to set it up and
see what I had to work with. I powered up fine, right into SRM and
everything seemed fine. I have 64M memory, show showed ethernet and scsi
at id7. There are no drives connected to the scsi, ide or floppy drives.
I decided to change to the ARC console (I have a Cabriolet board and I'm
comfortable here) and I typed in arc at the SRM prompt. I waited for a
while and nothing happened. I powered down and powered up. Nothing came
up on the screen. I remembered the extra battery, installed it and now
when I power up I get to: "Initializing firmware... then "Initializing
Device Drivers  NCRC810" at this point it stops. I let it sit like this
for 10mins. Nothing?

Did I hose the ROM by powering down? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Another hardware question... can I use any 44 pin laptop IDE cable for
the 2.5 Seagate drive that came with it?

Thanks for any info
jeff duncan
--

Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays if immediately.