Re: upgrading multia udb to potato

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 03:57:12PM -0600, elyograg wrote:
> I have a Multia UDB here that is running slink.  I'd like to be able to run
> ssh and some of the other non-US programs on it, but there is no
> 'binary-alpha' directory.

You're the umpteenth person to mention that. Hey people... I'm in New Zealand,
I can build non-us for slink. How does that sound?

> I had the bright idea of trying to compile ssh myself, but it seems that I
> need libraries that aren't available either.  So, I need to upgrade to
> potato so I can run SSL-enabled programs.

You don't need to upgrade to potato. You need to install gmp2 and gmp2-dev and
you should be able to compile ssh out of the box.

> My question boils down to this:  What do I need to do to make sure that the
> clock continues to work right, and doesn't decide it's January
> 1970?  Should I make sure I have a certain version of MILO, or did my
> previous problem come from using potato binaries with the 2.0.36 stock kernel?

I can't comment on that, I never had any problems but I suspect that may be
because I compiled up 2.2.x the day I installed slink.

Martin