EB164 drivers disk problem

Hello everyone

I'm installing Debian 2.0 on an EB164 Alpha box. I have followed all the
instructions, everything went fine, but when the time comes to install the
drivers (after kernel installation) the program complains that

a) Broken loopback device was found (when trying to install the
drv1440.bin from a HD partition)

b) Mount device (/dev/fd0) type is not msdos or bad superblock (...or
something similar) (when trying to install it from a floppy)

Nevertheless, it displays a message, that the drivers are being installed.
However, I cannot configure them.

Any solutions are warmly welcome. Please answer to the address below (I
don't read the list)

  Zoltan Szatmary
  KFKI Res. Inst. for Particle and Nuclear Physics

  szaki@sgi20.rmki.kfki.hu