compaq fortran compilers -- correction

I made a typo in an earlier email when I said that the installation of the
compaq fortran compilers (via the debs on their site) created the
libcpml.so.  What I meant to say is that it did not create this file at
all.  I tried using the -L flag in compilation to specify the directory
where the other library files were installed as suggested on the list, but
the same error messages were still generated upon link time.

I have since done a minimal install of redhat and installed the compilers
using the rpms on that setup.  This time the libcpml.so was generated.  I
copied it over to my debian setup, rebooted and everything worked
wonderfully.  I think this means that there is a problem with the
deb that was created for the libcpml package.  I think Christopher
Chimelis created this package so I am replying to this list because I
think this is a bug.

Luke Shulenburger
(sluke@mit.edu)