Re: MILO. now it boots - but ...

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 08:29:38PM +0100, Nikita Schmidt wrote:

> Funny enough, I just tried fdisk, cfdisk, and sfdisk, and none of them
> recognised my disklabel-partitioned drives.  Something must have gone
> wrong with the util-linux package.  At least fdisk used to understand
> BSD partitions some time ago.

Did you just try 'fdisk' and then 'p' or did you use the 'b' option?
cfdisk/sfdisk IIRC don't know about BSD disklabels and fdisk only knows about
them if you use the operations in the 'b' submenu. When I last checked I
didn't have any problems, I've been using SRM->MILO with BSD disklabels ever
since I installed my AS200.

> (PC-ish).  In this case you can't make SRM boot from the hard drive
> unless you re-partition it.  (I wonder how this can be possible, given
> the current state of Debian's fdisk.)

At least the fdisk (again, NOT cfdisk/sfdisk) on the bootfloppies should work?

mato