Re: Alpha coordination and building

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 03:40:30PM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

         Packages
        ---------------------

  +---	pkgID          long PK
  |	pkgName        text
  |	pgkVersion     text
  |	pkgDebRelease  text
  |	pkgBuildsOk    bool
  |	dateInstall    date/time
  |	uploader       text       (example: Bart Warmerdam <bartw@xs4all.nl>)
  |      btsNotificationDate date/time
  |

  |      ReportedBugs
  |     ---------------------
  |
  |      btsBugNr       long PK
  +---   pkgID          long

  |      Patches
  |     ---------------------
  |
  |      bugID          long PK
  +---   pkgID          long
         url            text

> Wouldn't it make more sense to put the btsNotificationDate field in the
> ReportedBugs table?  Maybe just the sheer existance of a record in
> ReportedBugs for a package could be enough to trigger a checkbox or "View
> Bug Report Info" button on a query reponce.

Another thing that springs to mind: if we add a short description, like to one
used as bts title, we could also add the alpha specific buildproblems as well.

  |      ReportedBugs
  |     ---------------------
  |
  |      bugID		long PK
  +---   pkgID          long
         btsBugNr       long
	 btsNotificationDate date/time
	 bugShortDescr  text
	 bugIndication  long [1]

[1]: this could be a reference to the build problem list a posted earlier. If
we add a table with these errors we can easily create a database with egcs
error packages and test every new upstream with this database. If we submit
the url for the interface of this database to egcs they also could use it
to test, if they want.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------