Re: Alpha coordination and building

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

> I send a working patch to BTS some time ago. But the Ossama did not use it
> because of this new upstream version. The thought of getting rid of this
> stupid error makes me already happy ;-).
>
> I should have persisted in getting this fixed though...

It's ok...I think we each sent one :-)  I know I sent patches for autoconf
and for libtool (both of which needed it).  I just think that maintainers
sometimes assume that the upstream fixes the problem and forget the
patch...  Nothing against them, but I know it happens (I know it
well...two words: ObjC patch in binutils :-).

I'll see if I can break the "chain of command" here and go directly
upstream.  It's just not getting done otherwise.  Plus, now that the
PCA machines are prevalent, it's that much more important.