Ethernet card not working

Hello,

I have some follup information to this and my original posting.
Apperently there has been some minor (heh) changes to the 2114x
programing which has not resulted in a change in part number.  Anyway
I call the vendor and he is sending a new card.  According to him the
cards with the chip number 21143-pd are the one's that have problems.
Note that a 21143 should work its the 'pd' that indicates a problem.

Also to quote from the Ethernet-HOWTO:

Warning: Even though your card may be based upon this chip, the
drivers may not work for you. David C. Davies writes:

``There are no guarantees that either `tulip.c' OR `de4x5.c' will run
any DC2114x based card other than those they've been written to
support. WHY?? You ask. Because there is a register, the General
Purpose Register (CSR12) that (1) in the DC21140A is programmable by
each vendor and they all do it differently (2) in the DC21142/3 this
is now an SIA control register (a la DC21041). The only small ray of
hope is that we can decode the SROM to help set up the
driver. However, this is not a guaranteed solution since some vendors
(e.g. SMC 9332 card) don't follow the Digital Semiconductor
recommended SROM programming format."

http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html

Hopefully this is not too much information, and is relevant to other
readers of this list.