Re: installation problem when installing device driver modules

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Frank Nikolajsen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:09:42 +0200
> From: Frank Nikolajsen <frn@image.dk>
>   A few days ago I installed Slink from scratch on my sx164/533 using the 990305
> disk set from
> http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html and I experienced exactly the same
> phenomenon. It doesn't actually skip the device configuration step, but the new
> window is shown for such a short time that it is totally impossible to see what
> it says. After the window is closed dbootstrap considers the drivers to be

I managed to read the window that appears for a split second. It says
something like "please wait while determining your configuration and the
next step in the installation procedure".

By the way, sometimes I also used to get (intermittently) an error mesage
about a broken loop device while trying to mount the (scsi) cdrom.

Ir. J.B. Rhebergen, Wetenschappelijk Medewerker, Elektromagnetische Effecten
TNO Fysisch en Elektronisch Laboratorium
Oude Waalsdorperweg 63, Postbus 96864, 2509 JG  Den Haag, Nederland
Fax: +31 70 3280961, Tel: +31 70 3740772