Re: libc problem during potato upgrade

Ok, I've had a chance to examine the machine.  It appears as if some
lingering old libraries in /usr/lib (libc.so-2.0.7 and a host of others,
libnss_*, etc) were causing the problem.  The blame for that rests
squarely with me. ;)  I'm still in the process of recovering the machine,
as got some pretty nasty filesystem curruption..

Thanks again for the help, Bart. :)

				-pete