Peer support SUCKS...

...because there's no one I can yell at when I don't get an
answer. :-)

I asked a question on debian-alpha a few days ago about trying to
install Debian 2.1 from CD onto my Jensen.

To recap, I got everything going up to the SRM prompt, but when I
tried to boot from a floppy I got the cryptic error message "84 FAIL".
I did manage to get aboot to start from my CD-ROM drive, but when I
tried to give it the location of the kernel ("/boot/jensen/linux"), it
gave a funny message about an unexpected object format.

Anyways, I'm pretty much STUCK right now.  I've tried re-re-installing
the 1.7 firmware and I've run the EISA Config Utility more times than
I want to think about, and I still get the same damn messages.

Since my previous question didn't stir anybody's interest, here's
another one: is it possible to find some documentation on this SRM
thingy on the Web?  I've never seen anything like it before -- the
commands and error messages are 100% foreign and incomprehensible.

Maybe if I understood SRM a little better, I could take better aim at
troubleshooting this problem.

~ESP