Re: XF86_SVGA Cirrus Logic CL-GD5424 chipset support?

> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 (slink) on an
> Alphastation 255/300 (avanti). I've run into a snag in the
> XFree86 server configuration and hope that someone can help
> out.
>
> The machine has a Digital 3D20 graphics card, which is based on the
> Cirrus Logic CL-GD5424 chipset. This implies that the

IIRC, it uses the Cirrus Logic chip for text mode only. If I'm not mistaken,
the 3D20 is a TGA card (look for a digital 21x30 chip on there), so you want
the TGA server.

> (--) SVGA: PCI: Digital Unknown chipset (0x000d) rev 34, Memory @ 0x05000000

This implies that I remember right. It would have said Cirrus Logic unknown
chipset had it been CL-based.

> Is there an alpha XFree86 server that will support the CL-GD5424 chipset?

No, the Cirrus Logic code isn't compilable on a 64-bit machine.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87