Re: Mozilla M3

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 10:37:32PM -0500, pjjarosz@cse.Buffalo.EDU wrote:

> I grabbed the source from the nightly a few days ago and it run good so
> far (but slow on my AS200 4/233), I can tar that up if you want OR I can
> grab M3 source and compile that (I planned on that anyway for myself).  I

Well, I downloaded the i386 one, installed it and ran it once on my work
machine (P100 64MB RAM), then deleted it. Considering my work box for some
reason seems to generally outperform(!) my 233Mhz AS200 at home (The AS200 only
has 32MB of RAM though), I'm not even going to try it there.

I have an old (11/98) copy of mozilla from someone on a previous related
thread on this list, it's the classic old Motif build and is quite stable
(this is NOT the mozilla-pretty-stable.tar.gz that's floating around), I guess
that's your best bet on the Alpha for now. Or use lynx.

BTW: Anyone have any idea why my work box seems to outperform my Alpha (for
example generally when compiling stuff and so on)? The performance I'm getting
just seems to be quite sluggish.

Martin