pyxis_machine_check ---- strange message!

dannyhp@pop.web.net writes:
 > We've been getting an odd message the last few days:
 >
 > messages:Mar 23 06:27:14 arrhenius kernel: pyxis_machine_check: vector=0x670
 > pc=0xfffffc00003159c8
 >
 > (lots more lines of hex numbers).
 >
 > Any idea what I should be looking at here?  I guess my next step is to look for
 > pyxis_machine_check in the source tree...

To interpret this error, all the hex numbers are needed, the 0x670
means this is a "processor machine check". The others will give the
value of various processor internal registers, and of some of the
chipset registers. It would be useful to know what is the code
corresponding to kernel address 0xfffffc00003159c8, and if you always
got the same exact address for this kind of messages.

Loic