Re: Some remarks about the Debian-2.1 installation

On Friday 12 March 1999, at 9 h 44, the keyboard of Martin Ostermann
<ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> * The Install Guide (install/install.html) suggests that booting

The Installation guide (which is, for the first time for Debian,
multi-architecture) has never been proofread by Alpha people. It is specially
inaccurate for the Alpha (the Sparc being the second).

> Well, I don't want to go into the non-Alpha specific issues, but I was
> suprised to see two emacs versions installed as part of a standard
> profile (scientific workstation).

It will be changed in the next release. BTW, it was already the case in hamm,
I just copy/paste it. It was probably too difficult to choose :-)