thread-safe xlibs?

Has anyone else found that while trying to configure eMusic (or, for
instance, Flashback that I downloaded yesterday) it complains about non
thread-safe xlibs? What might I need to do to remedy this situation?

I'm running an sx164 with an up to date slink installation (and yes,
the new 11 rev or the xbase and xlib6g packages solved my previous
dependency problems before, thanks to everyone who helped out).

checking for thread-safe xlibs... no
configure: error: You need to have thread-safe xlibs to use flashback.
think:~/flashback#
<

cheers,
-o