Re: a few questions (heads up for Chris)

On Wed 03 Mar 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:

>   A recompile of util-linux solves it for me. My current version is not
>   working (apt upgrade) and when compiled from source all functions as
>   advertised. The reason that I am not uploading this version is, you need to
>   fiddle with fdisk/partition.h to get the darn thing compiled. Since I have
>   not uploaded this package before (and do not know what other porters have
>   done to compile it), I think it's not wise to upload. I have no ways to
>   check fdisk on a spare disk to see if my fix doesn't break it...

I just checked, and it appears that I did the upload. And indeed, more
doesn't work properly for me either :-(  (I always use less, so I didn't
notice earlier).

On the fdisk front: all I did was remove the include of partition.h, as
it conflicts with the existing partition.h on the system. However, I got
mail back from the maintainer that he had added the include on
recommendation from Chris (Chris? What's going on there?)  Anyway, fdisk
still at least shows me the partitions properly, so I gues it's ok.

So, that will fix more. How about the reported vi problems? It's not a
problem with vim, I believe, as I haven't noticed anything wrong. So
which vi is it...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org