Re: a few questions

> Oliver Soell writes:
>  > I've been running slink on my sx164 and as200 now for about 3 months, and
>  > everything seems to be working quite well with two exceptions.
>  >
>  > 1: Since about a month ago, both of my boxes have segfaulted on vi, when
>  > quitting (not a problem) and resizing an xterm running vi. This came about
>  > at the same time my more stopped working (more goes through the first page
>  > and then gives me back the shell, and anything I type does not get echoed
>  > to the screen until I 'stty sane').
>
> Hi, thanks for this report,
>
> Please, someone needs to take a serious look at this, it would be very
> damaging to ship with a non-working more!!!
>
>  >
>  > 2: I'm still getting dependency errors trying to upgrade xbase (complains
>  > about xlib6g and xlib6g-dev). Should I remove some package left over from
>  > before the X migration?
>
> What is the exact dependency error? An new xfree86 upload was still in
> incoming until recently, maybe it will solve theproblem?

This may not get back to the list, I have my list subscribed address forwarded
to this one.. Anyway, xbase is depending on the two xlib6g packages (xlib6g
and -dev). I understand I can remove the xbase package, and doing that I must
remove the xserver-common package, after that should I be okay?

Sorry I'm not up on this, I've not had time to follow the slink development as
closely as I would have liked..

cheers,
-o