Re: new install: xbase/xlib6g problem

> When dselect tries to install xbase from the slink mirror at
> sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/ftp.debian.org/ it gives me a
> dependency/conflict:
>  U** XTr x11 xbase
>  *** Std x11 xlib6g
>  *** Std x11 xlib6g-dev
> On further investigation it seems that xbase depends on
> xlib6g >=  I've got xlib6g  The slink
> directories on ftp.debian.org don't seem ot be any different to the
> mirror.  How can I resolve this?  I don't mind uninstalling all of the
> X stuff & starting again, but I'd rather not wipe the machine....

X is currently not in sync with the binary-all stuff. Either wait a few says
(it's being worked on) or pick up the -10 test versoin from

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87