Re: Alpha hard crash when accessing sound (es1370, kernel 2.2.1)

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Any suggestions?  Has anyone else seen this?  After a quick glance through
> > the es1370 code, I see that it is littered with "unsigned long".  It is

This was introduced specifically in an attempt to make it working on
Alpha,
where casting pointers to int is not a good idea 8-)

> Everyone who has tried this driver with an Alpha has seen it. It may well
> be a typing problem its hard to tell. Anyway it needs an Alpha user to trace
> and fix it

More specifically, it dies somewhere in the interrupt handler
when the first interrupt happens, the non interrupt code (eg. mixer)
seems to work ok.

Tom