Re: not enough memory for latest boot disks?
- To: Loic Prylli <Loic.Prylli@ens-lyon.fr>
- Cc: Debian-Alpha <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: not enough memory for latest boot disks?
- From: Oscar Levi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:45:48 -0800
- Message-id: <19990201184548.A1856@hazel.buici.com>
- In-reply-to: <14005.34937.663515.556361@porto>; from Loic Prylli on Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 12:06:04PM +0100
- References: <19990129174101.A11295@hazel.buici.com> <14004.18951.314080.816799@porto> <19990131185613.B2026@hazel.buici.com> <14005.34937.663515.556361@porto>
On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 12:06:04PM +0100, Loic Prylli wrote:
> Oscar Levi writes:
> > > - Did you get to MILO through SRM or ARC?
> > SRM.
> So maybe there is some subtle incompatibility between the two, that would
> be annoying.
A viable hypothesis.
> > > - maybe you can try replacing the milo on the boot disk with the
> > > one on ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/Linux-Alphas/Kernels/Test-Milos-981008
> > This MILO doesn't boot. I double checked the md5sum to make sure it
> > copied correctly.
> Ok, I saw Nikita has also generated new milos, it would be great if
> you have the opportunity to check:
> ftp://genie.ucd.ie/pub/alpha/milo/milo-990108/ Maybe Nikita changed
> something that could help, since the version used on the rescue disks.
No dice. Same error.