sendmail BOGUS.Jg-

Hi,

Is there a Debian/alpha sendmail user that can help me out?

I have a local user `david' who's mail arrives at the local network at
a mountable position.  My alpha's sendmail is configured to send all
mail to a local smtp hub, including that of local users, excluding
mail for `root'.

`david' reads mail using a symbolic link from /var/spool/mail/david to
the mountable mail location.

Yet, when sendmail has to send mail from the local machine to `david'
is is apparently not sent to the smtp hub, but it is attemted to
deliver locally.  This cannot be done correctly, as `root' is not
allowed to write to the mounted mail file.  Hence I end up with a file
`BOGUS.Jg-' wich points to where `david' pointed to, and the new mail
is in a local file /var/spool/mail/david.

I have an _identical_ sendmail.cf file on a similar i386 debian
machine, and there everything happens as i would expect.

Both on the alpha and the i386 machine sendmail is 8.9.1-15.

This may be relevant information from /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSmailhost
# who I send unqualified names to (null means deliver locally)
DR
# who gets all local email traffic ($R has precedence for unqualified names)
DH
# class E: names that should be exposed as from this host, even if we masquerade
# class L: names that should be delivered locally, even if we have a relay
# class M: domains that should be converted to $M
CL root
CE root
# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMtm.tno.nl

Thanks,

---david