RE: linking with libguile4

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> This wasn´t actually a package from the current distribution.
> (it´s a soundeditor called snd).

Ah, ok.

> I just realized that glibc on i386 had this qt_start symbol
> (objdump --dynamic-syms libc.. | grep qt_start), while Alpha didn´t.
> Sorry, this is from my memory, .. maybe I can give you more details tomorrow.
> (might also look if there´s a newer version of glibc around).

There is, but previous packages have had problems, so I didn't upload
them.  I'm working on compiling the one in Incoming since it's previous
incarnation worked well.  I'll check for qt_start in there.  Most likely,
it was something added in the 'v' series of glibc's, so that might explain
why we don't have it (we still have 'u').