Re: Problems installing on a "Mikasa" system

Loic Prylli wrote:

<snip>
> Does milo seems to load the kernel before rebooting? If yes, the
> problem may be simple to solve: when I first created the rescue disks,
> I found no milo for mikasa, so I assumed it was a SRM-only
> machine. And the kernel on the rescue disk is compiled for SRM.  I
> will generate a new rescue disk for MILO. Hope it will work.

No, milo does not seem to load the kernel at all.

> As far as I know, there is almost no hope an another rescue disk will
> work. You probably cannot try the redhat kernel as it looks to be for
> SRM only also. You may want to try to install SRM on your Mikasa or
> wait that I upload a new kernel and rescue disk.

I have the option in my ARC console to switch to an "Open VMS or Digital
UNIX Console"  Is this the SRM console I keep hearing about?

also I have a MAJOR problem switching back to ARC so i'm a little leary
about switching to that mode.  If SRM is better for my purposes, Please
let me know and I will switch.

Regards, Jeff