Re: Hows Alphadebian doing?

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 04:38:10PM +0100, Gerhard Poul wrote:

[snip]

> let me think... Is it okay to send a list of things I can/want to do for
> debian-alpha?? Because there really seem to be a few people who work on this
> port... (I really didn't had the feeling while subscribed to this list for
> the last months...)
>
> And there should be more informations on the homepages... But I'll write
> some ideas to this mailing list if you want...

Any input is always welcome :)

> Why aren't there any disk-images on the debian-ftp mirrors??

I don't know why... ?!?

[ snip ]
> important packages working...
>
> Is there a debian-alpha bug-tracking system somewhere?? (Think the main one
> isn't suitable for this task... Is it able to use more than one architecture
> for a package??)

The packages are ported to other architectures but there is only one source
for all ports. So the original maintainer is "responsible" to adopt the
necessary changes to make the source work on the alledged platforms (part of
the package specification). So the BTS works also for alpha (and other ports).

[snip]
> > I hope you reconsider the jump. If you think there is to little traffic on
> > this list, maybe you can fire it up with some constructive suggestions to make
> > the Alpha port better!
>
> okay... I'll think about it... but I think the discussions which are only
> for debian-alpha should be discussed here... (because it's alpha also
> development discussions should be placed here for others to help the
> maintainers I think...)

Discussions on porting is being done here. The axp-list eg is not a developers
related list and has more response. But most mail (from my perspective) is
about the use of programs (or kernel) or hardware related problems. I don't
know if that's the kind of list you are thinking about??

Regards,

B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------