Re: Hows Alphadebian doing?

On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 03:31:59PM -0500, Gary McKinney wrote:
> Hmmm - How to start...
>
> Subscribed to the list last week trying to find info on setting up Debian
> Linux on a Dec Alpha eb164 based system - no luck so far ... Can someone
> give me a starting point to look at <grin>... Want to see how Debian runs on
> this beast but need a gentle shove in the right direction...

  Hi Gary,

  I have an eb164 (system variation SX164) and the way I got started was the
  port pages on http://www.debian.org/ports/alpha/index.html.
  Go to Loic's pages to pick up a boot-, root, and basediscs. After that you
  can install the packages using dselect (or apt).
  (http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html)

  For installation of milo or other boot related questions, reading the
  Alpha-FAQ, README-install-alpha and nano-HOWTO.text where a great help.

  HTH,

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------