Re: looking into smail and unaligned accesses

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 04:45:38PM -0500, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Oscar Levi wrote:
>
> > I am looking into smail, trying to eliminate the unaligned accesses I
> > am finding in it.  What is odd is that the version I built on my
> > machine is worse than the version that is packaged for slink.  Are
> > there additional patches to the smail sources for alpha?  The version
> > numbers don't suggest this.  Also, the size of the version I built is
> > different from the slink/main/binary-alpha/mail version.
>
> Yes.  I've submitted them, but so far, they haven't been incorporated.
> I'll attach them below....

Thanks.  Why is it that your patches aren't present in the source
portion of the archive?  I wonder if we need a method for posting
architecture relative patches given that a package's primary
maintainer may not be able to perform for the non-x86 architectures.