Re: where is hamm-alpha ??

On Fri 25 Sep 1998, Thomas Bruns wrote:

> for the last 2 hours I've been searching the net for some ftp path
> with .../hamm/binary-alpha/... in it. All I found was some stuff in
> hamm/binary-m68k and hamm/binary-i386 as well as non-us/binary-alpha
> but that couldn't be all ?!

As it wasn't released, it was simply renamed to sid, which is the
current unstable version.  Only at releases is a distribution moved
to stable, and a new distribution started.  I was surprised by this
as well, but it doesn't really matter in the long run.  I'm sure
that sid is better than hamm was :-)

> So where the hell is the non-final-release of hamm for alpha, I know
> it was somewhere out there since I allready installed it some weeks
> ago. I site near the *.de domain would be just fine!

If some (non-official) site didn't do the move to sid, but kept
hamm/alpha instead, that's their decision. However, it's not official.

But what's the matter with using sid?  Is there anything that you're
afraid might not work anymore?  If so, we need to fix that...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands