Re: (a)boot and RTC problems

On Thursday, 24 Sep, Jeff Noxon wrote:

> The hwclock problem makes a bit of sense.  hwclock uses IO ports to
> bit-bang the RTC directly.  /proc/rtc is much more gentle.  That problem
> may be a generic 1.2.x kernel issue.  You could ask on RedHat's axp-list.

In fact, hwclock does not dive directly into the hardware on Alpha, and
axp-list won't be of much help, I'm afraid; they still use different
(platform-dependent) versions of the old `clock' program and fight with
the 2018 year.  The hwclock's hangs most probably indicate a kernel bug.

Roberto, could you please send me your /proc/interrupts, /proc/rtc and
the output of hwclock --debug (all under 2.1.122)?  I want to look into
that problem.

Nikita