RE: Preparing for the freeze (was: Obsolete packages in main/old

On 22-Sep-98 Paul Slootman wrote:
> Of course, I think Alpha's aren't often used just for networking;
> their CPU performance put them into a different market segment.

Well networking is something rather important IMO.  An alpha
box can do many things and I do not like to use just for myself ;-).
Networking is one of the most important thing to make an OS gain
momentum these days.
As a matter of fact even scientific application, which is where
alphas excel, often do require a good networked environment.

Anyway the problems I found are easily fixed, I hope they will
be before the Freeze.

Ciao!

    E-Mail: Michele Comitini <mcm@glisco.it>
    Michele Comitini