SX164 problems

I treid to install Debian on my SX164. The first problem I encountered was
that the kernel stalled when a NE2000 was in the system. After I removed the
card I got up to the point where the kernel asks for the root-disk. But
when I pressed enter, the diskdrive started running but nothing more happened.

To get my system installed, I put a RedHat-kernel (sorry...) on the
Debian-Rescue disk. Magically, this worked and I could install the base
system. But still, my NE200 is not working, the kernel tells me that it can't
find an interrupt for the card. I'd love to tell him the interrupt but IIRC
there is no kernel-parameter for this...

The Debian-kernel works perfectly well with the root filesystem on harddisk
after installation with the RedHat-kernel.

Anyone with similar problems? Anyone with ideas how I get the ramdisk and my
network-card working?

    Thimo

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>