Re: some hamm install notes

Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> writes:

> Well, if you don't fix the pathnames by hand, it doesn't work at all ...
> Never really tried it hard enough to dig in. I do most of my testing
> "offline" anyway, I don't have a phone line where I live mon-fri.

Sure, but that appears to be the only problem, and easily worked
around, at least for someone willing to explore a little.  I suspect
the right fix is just to keep a directory name from being prepended in
one location in the code.

> Your words, not mine :-)
>
> I try not to have anything at all of value on disks where I experiment
> with installs. Ideally have a second disk where your user data /
> programs are stored.

Me too.  Pity that disk died on me. :-(
But now I have nothing of value on the machine at all.

> BTW, are we the only two here? It's been very quiet... Chris?

Shh.  He may be hunting wabbits. :-)

Ken