Jensen installation (was: 981115 jensen/resc1440.bin image bad?)

I have just completed installing linux on a Jensen. Below is a pointer the Jensen-HOWTO that worked for me. To make this installation work I actually dedicated a disk to aboot, because the RedHat 5.0 installation process wanted an fdisk style partition table on the target installation hard disk, while the aboot tools create a BSD partition table, needed by the SRM console to boot. I could not easily make these co-exist.

I'd like to go through a debian installation, instead of RedHat. Give me the pointers to what you are using, and I'll go through the installation too.

(LOOKING FOR partition table documentation: Anyone have pointers to documentation on the disk structures and physical blocks used for these two partition tables?)

(LOOKING FOR fdisk/aboot coexistence: If someone knows how to get aboot to co-exists with an fdisk partition table I'd like to have a hint. The issue being a compatibility between what the SRM console needs to load aboot and the fdisk style partition table.)

Here's the location where I got tools and a Jensen-HOWTO that worked for me. (The tools I got from the DEC site failed at the point of loading the ramdisk.)

ftp://ftp.azstarnet.com/pub/axp/Jensen/install (which was unresponsive) or
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/alpha/azstarnet/Jensen/install

Good luck. If you use these instructions and trip over something, drop me a note I may have seen it.

- Peter Mott