dpkg problems. Am I alone?

In looking at the latest sid, I'm finding that dpkg doesn't like to
install some packages.  It appears that all of the problem packages
have symlinked files in the tar archives.  The error is about dpkg
being unable to set ownership of a symlink.  Tar can extract the file
fine, but dpkg stops installation of the package at this point.

So, I want to know if this is known by anyone.  I can look at it in a
limited way since I'm not able to install compilers editors and the
rest of the development tools.