Re: Booting ACP 164 UX -- Success

Nicolai Guba <nicolai@jungle.bt.co.uk> writes:

> Now the problem I'm facing is a very dodgy console when using vi

Characters only appearing after four keystrokes? That is a ncurses
problem. Someone posted a workaround on this list. Recompiling should
also work (?).

> dselect [dpkg] seems to have problems when unpacking packages
> [operation not permitted errors when chown'ing symlinks IIRC]

The problem is that with newer kernels, the syscall has been
changed. Compile a 2.0.35 kernel with all the patches from the debian
alpha kernel package (it includes some pre-36 stuff).

		Falk