Re: Booting ACP 164 UX -- Success

Nicolai Guba <nicolai@jungle.bt.co.uk> writes:

> Well, I managed to boot it with the RedHat Images.  Guess I need Ruffian Boot
> disks, not the PC164's as I initially thought....
>
> Could somebody tell me where I can get Ruffian Boot disks?
>
> Happy Hacking,

Boot disk? rescue or root.bin?

RedHat has a 3 disk setup: milo, kernel and root.bin. You can copy the
first two onto the resc disk on a PC or just use them and insert the
debian root.bin as third disk.

ftp.redhat.com should have images, but don't ask me where. I will
bring in my disks for my Ruffian tomorrow and stick them onto

ftp.//mirjam.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/pub/alpha or /pub/linux/alpha
or so.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn