Re: Faure upgrade

"Christopher J. Morrone" <morrone@capsl.udel.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>

> > Wow. That was hugely painfull! I just upgraded faure from slink a week
> > ago to slink today and all I can say is -ouch-
>
> Hey, I just did an update on the current slink and now "startx" is gone!
> I have one very pissed-off user now. :)  But I told him this stuff was
> experimental before I even installed it.

Wait for the new X packages. The problem is that xbase is binary-all
now and thus the old xbase (which contained startx, xterm,...) has
gone. If you have X sources handy, recompile it. There are far more X
packages now and some reuse the old names with different content.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn