Re: new installation disks

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 02:39:03AM +0100, Andreas U. Trottmann wrote:

> Yes, I indeed got it before your announcement. I'll try again with the new
> and improved floppies.

... which seemed to work now :)

> >  > * the "year 2018 problem" is still present :)
> >
> > I cannot reproduce here, the date is correct when booting with SRM.
> >
> > I guess, we need to forward the right hwclock to the util-linux
> > maintainer.
>
> That's a good idea.

It's not, because as a matter of fact, the latest util-linux (and your
install image) do actually contain the right /sbin/hwclock binary. It just
doesn't work out-of-the-box now because of (again) a missing device
special file: /dev/rtc (char, major 10, minor 135) is missing from both
the root disk and the install image. Creating it on /target before
rebooting the install system makes the first boot work, and in order to
make the first install work, I guess you would have to create it on the
root disk and arrange hwclock to be run...

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>