Re: Working compiler?

Dear Henk-Jan,

> Now I'm on it, the integrated browser in KDE is in my opinion on of the best
> alternatives available on Linux/Alpha (I use it quite a lot). I know of the
> QT license issues, but is it legal to make the KDE debs available on the kde
> ftp site? The i386 debs are still available on their site, although the
> source debs seem to have gone. As far as I know there never were alpha debs
> on this site. I just think it's important to have these alpha debs availiable
> somewhere, just for those people who like KDE (like me).

This was discussed rather verbosely on the devel list (and elsewhere).

There is no conclusion yet but certainly enough ... doubt ... as to whether
it is legal that most agree that it is safest to not put them on the debian
site at the moment.

I *really* hope this reply was sufficiently quick to avoid an instance of
the KDE vs GPL discussion on this list!

Cheers,
	Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, phd, prof.associé  <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~krisrose>
addr: LIP, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 46 Allée d'Italie, F-69364 Lyon 7