Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> It seems the filename globbing is used quite a bit so make was pretty
> broke without it.

Makes sense.  Thinking about it (and looking into the source a bit), it
seems to be used more than I expected.  I added a test for it in the
configure scripts already, but it still wants to pass -I./glob.  I'll have
to fix this too...(tomorrow...gotta go to sleep soon).

> faure{jgg}~/work/apt/doc#make
> echo Creating html for dpkg-tech.sgml to ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
> Creating html for dpkg-tech.sgml to ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
> rm -rf ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
> (HERE=`pwd`; cd ../build/doc && debiandoc2html $HERE/dpkg-tech.sgml)
> /usr/bin/debiandoc2html: line 61: 31908 Segmentation fault      nsgmls -l
> "$nsgmlsi" >"$tf1"
> make: *** [../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html] Error 139
>
> Anyone know something about this? [ Should I file a bug or what is the
> usual procedure? ]

Don't bother.  It's known.  We haven't been able to compile a new version
of jade (where nsgmls comes from) for awhile now.  I'm working on it,
though, and hope to get it to work Real Soon Now(TM).

> Also, anyone care to suggest how stable debian-alpha is? Should I
> regularly upgrade faure or ??

I would regularly update it (by regularly, I mean weekly or more if
possible).  Paul and I are building packages right and left and trying to
keep up with the i386 maintainers.  Also, alot of things are changing with
graphics libs now and they'll require an update of every gtk-based package
soon.