Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> Ah, glad someone found some time to track this down.  I just uploaded an
> older version of make anyway (3.76.1-8) and was going to ask the archive
> maintainer to override and install the file to replace 3.77.  I will
> recompile 3.77 now with your idea (I'll even fix the glob.h detection so
> it'll work correctly in the first place) and see if that helps.  Glibc
> building was breaking, so it should be easy to diagnose if that's the same
> problem I was having.

It seems the filename globbing is used quite a bit so make was pretty
broke without it.

Now my present problem is that debian-doc explodes horribly.

faure{jgg}~/work/apt/doc#make
echo Creating html for dpkg-tech.sgml to ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
Creating html for dpkg-tech.sgml to ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
rm -rf ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
(HERE=`pwd`; cd ../build/doc && debiandoc2html $HERE/dpkg-tech.sgml)
/usr/bin/debiandoc2html: line 61: 31908 Segmentation fault      nsgmls -l
"$nsgmlsi" >"$tf1"
make: *** [../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html] Error 139

Anyone know something about this? [ Should I file a bug or what is the
usual procedure? ]

Also, anyone care to suggest how stable debian-alpha is? Should I
regularly upgrade faure or ??

Thanks,
Jason