RE: Alpha Kernels

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> Hasn´t there be talk about using a snapshot anyway ... ?

Yes, initiated by me actually.  Supposedly, the latest snapshots have
fixed most of the bugs that we're encountering, but the 1.1 CVS tree
hasn't :-(

> In fact the best thing would be to use the most stable version as our default ... obviously

Yes and no.  I think that now that we're up to libstdc++2.9, it wouldn't
be great to revert totally.  I'd like to use a stable gcc as long as we
can keep the current libstdc++ and libg++.