Re: SVGAlib...the neverending saga

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@beezer.med.miami.edu> writes:

> Hi all...

> I'm already starting (in a few minutes) on the rewrite/retool.  Anyone who
> wishes to help me on this and get a more technical explanation is welcome
> to write to me (I could use the help).  Figured I'd let the rest of you
> know anyway, though :-)

WHY?
Svgalib is a dirty, ugly and stupid programm that crashes your Linux
most of the time. Its the only way to sure kill your Linux apart from
kill -9 -1 while X is running.

Your time is probably better invested in getting ggi to work in a
framebuffer and then use ggi`s svgalib emulation. The speed penalty
(if any) should be pretty irelevant on an Alpha. The GGI is quite
superior to the svgalib.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn