Alpha Kernels

----------
From:  John Goerzen[SMTP:jgoerzen@complete.org]
Sent:  Wednesday, October 28, 1998 10:56 AM
To:  Anders Hammarquist
Cc:  debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject:  Re: WARNING X 3.3.2.3a-6.1 uploaded (was Re: xbase-clients package ?)

>OK, I snagged the kernel-patch package.  Somebody please upload it
>into Debian so that it's in the dist!

>The patches didn't quite apply cleanly, and it was a bit confusing to
>use, but I muddled through and things came out fine.

I will do ASAP. Normally the patches should apply cleanly, did anybody else have problems with this ?
Did you change something in the kernel sources before using the patches ?

> Speaking of which, how are the 2.1 kernels on Alpha?  Which ones are
> good ones?  Which ones should I avoid?

There was just a message by Jay Estabrook, that the 2.1.126 should be good, even for SMP.
I´m not sure about the status of our egcs though.

Guenter