Re: xbase-clients package ?

On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 03:49:01PM +0100, Anders Hammarquist wrote:
> > I just looked into the debian.org slink tree and found no xbase-clients
> > package in main/binary-alpha/x11 ?!?!?!?
> >
> > What's wrong ? Why isn't it there ?? _help_ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Relax, it's OK. It's not supposed to exist (yet).
>
> xbase-clients is generated by the newly released, reorganized X packages. I haven't compiled that release yet, as it is still too much of a moving target (and still has lots of problems, apparently). Give it a week or so and I expect it will have settled down enough to be worth compiling.
>
> /Anders

  Hi,

  I noticed the same problem when I installed my first Alpha. I took the hamm
  cd. Untarred the source of xfree86_3.3.2.2-4 and compiled for about an hour.
  Then installed it and running it since. It crashed on me some times but it
  works OK.

  BTW: I hope you have a good connection or (like me) a source cd. The source
  is about 22Mb so it's no fun downloading with an 33k6 (which is connected to
  my computer :).

  HTH.

  Bart

  NB: You need a tcl-dev, tk-dev, zlibg-dev installed to compile the source.
  Otherwise try to 'make install.man DESTDIR=/..../debian/xtree' untill all
  works. Then ./debian/rules binary-arch (at least it worked for me).

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------