Re: How to handle "problems checking root device"?

On Sat, Oct 24, 1998 at 05:16:16PM +0100, Brederlow wrote:
> Bart Warmerdam <bartw@xs4all.nl> writes:

[snip my problem and response]

> Did you see the "Select Color or Monochrom" screen?
> If so, its a problem with the dinstall script and not milo, kernel or
> hardware. Maybe fdisk couldn't be run or crashed due to the lack of
> partitions.
>
> Can you start "cfdisk" or "fdisk" on another console?
> If you can, partition the harddisk and try again.
>
> >   Can anyone give me a pointer where to start?
>
> I hope that helps.

  The problem solved itself by using the *old* bootfloppies instead of the new
  ones. Once I tried the old all went well. I guess the setup for my system
  with those floppies were wrong.

  BTW: I don't know who maintains the kernels for the floppies, but I can
  build a working one based on 2.0.35-alpha-fixed sources for SX. The one
  on the boot-disks not only had problems with the floppy (SX type) but
  had also constant *unexpected interrupts*!! The kernel I just build doesn't.

  Please let me know what I can do...

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------