Re: newbie question - installing Linux/Alpha on AlphaPC 164lx

> hi !
>
> last night i tried to install Linux Debian port to Alpha and i have now
> some qustions about installation process :) (hmm, and that is my first
> step on Alphas, so don't be angry for lame questions :)
>
> first thing i made was replacing AlphaBIOS to SRM console. maybe this
> step is wrong, so there is a question - how to change back to AlphaBIOS ?

I don't know whether it is useful for your problem, but here is a link that
contains also information on SRM (and how to quit) :

http://llsgg.rug.ac.be/udb/
 where they also refer to
http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/computers/udb-man.pdf
 or
http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/computers/udb-man.ps.gz

I made a backup of these at http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~gorik/UDB/ .

I use debian, but the redhat installing instructions were more clear and
the redhat source RPM does not need a patch. Then again, debian has other
advantages.

Gorik

* Gorik De Samblanx,              *  Department of Computing Science          *
* e-mail: gorik@cs.kuleuven.ac.be *  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium  *
*                                 *  "Et pour quelle raison etrange,          *
*                                 *   Les gens qui ne sont pas comme nous,    *
*                                 *   Ca nous derange."  (F.Gall)             *